I bet you never thought about creating nail polish out of eye shadow, or maybe you did. Either way, here is a fun tutorial on how to use up those old broken eye shadows and turn them into color for your nails!
This DIY nail polish will not only be your own perfect color that no one else will be wearing but it’s easy and quick, taking me around 10 minutes (including sitting still to allow for my nails to dry)!
- Clear Nail Polish. I used a clear top coat for everything.
- Eye Shadow(s). You can mix multiple shades if you are feeling ambitious!
- A small plastic or paper cup or something to mix your polish and shadow together.
- Nail Polish Remover
- Q Tip
2. Add clear polish to your eye shadow powder. I just poured it straight from the bottle into my little eye shadow cup. If I had to guess, I’d say it would be about 25 drops of polish.
4. Using the brush from the clear nail polish, paint your nails as you normally would. My color ended up becoming matte, so I added the clear top coat to the eye shadow polish once it dried to give it a little shine and prolong its wear.
*Tip: You don’t have to worry about dying the brush to you clear nail polish a different color. Once I finished painting my nails, I soaked the brush of the clear coat in a little cup of nail polish remover, making it as good as new.