Perfect to keep around your house or to give as gifts, this DIY Gardener’s Scrub is not only easy to make, but a practical and useful gift.
- Any type of jar to store the mixture in. Hobby Lobby has a lot of options. I chose the jars pictured above because I liked that they had little wooden spoons attached, and for $1.99 a piece, you can’t beat the price!
- Olay Beauty Hand Renewal Dish Soap. I choose the pink color.
- Mixing Bowl
- Something to stir the mixture with
Supplies if you want to add the label:
- Glue (to glue the label to the glass)
- Scrapbook Paper
- Free Printable from this blog post
First step: Add a generous amount of sugar to your mixing bowl and then slowly mix in the dish soap, until you come up with a paste-like consistency.
Second step: Add the newly made scrub into the jars. Make sure to rinse off the outside of the jars so there is no soap on the outside of the glass.
After printing the labels (see instructions and free printable below), I cut them out, adhered them to a piece of vintage looking scrapbook paper and then used spray adhesive to add the labels to the outside of the jar.
For added cuteness, tie a ribbon around the top of the jar!
Click on the free printable below to open it in a new window. When printing, make sure you have the option checked so the image will fit on an 8.5 x 11″ sheet of paper. Enjoy!