With that said, I wanted to share a few tips for finding the best deals while you shop at Target.
First, familiarize yourself with Target’s markdown schedule. Most stores across the country typically stick to the schedule listed below, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask a sale associate at your local Target store how they mark down their merchandise.
- Monday Markdowns: Stationary, gift wrap, office supplies, electronics & children’s clothing.
- Tuesday Markdowns: Domestics and women’s clothing
- Wednesday Markdowns: Health & beauty, men’s clothing and toys
- Thursday Markdowns: Shoes, lingerie and housewares
- Friday Markdowns: Housewares, automotive and cosmetics
Also, keep in mind that unsold clearance typically gets marked down every two weeks. So if you saw something two weeks ago that was marked down 30%, then it should be around 50% off now.
- Some items aren’t always marked down correctly or got skipped, so always check with the scanners they have placed around the store. You might get a nice surprise!
- Browse the end-caps. End-caps are the shelves that are at the end of an aisle and oftentimes, you can find miscellaneous items on clearance gracing those shelves.
- If you are on Facebook, following sites such as Target Savers and Target Style can inform you about great deals happening in the store.
- Check out the online daily deals. Each day, Target puts select merchandise on sale with free shipping.
- Use Target coupons. Often times you can find coupons for items you already intended to purchase. Plus, you can use your Target coupons in conjunction with manufacturer coupons to really save!
Did I miss anything? How do you shop at Target to find the best deals?