I bet you didn’t know this little inexpensive jar of white powder could be so handy! It’s a natural fruit acid that comes in white powder form and is used as an ingredient in many icing recipes and helps stabilize egg whites in meringue. However, it can be used for so much more!
Below are the recipes we mentioned on air and how you can use Cream of Tartar on anything from copper to clothing.
- Cream of Tartar is one of nature’s best bleaching agents.
- You can lift stubborn stains by mixing Cream of Tartar with vinegar or water to lift tough stains.
- Mix it with hydrogen peroxide and hot water to clean discolored aluminum pans or rusty drains.
- If you are looking to polish any copper, mix Cream of Tartar with lemon juice and rub the copper. Rinse and be amazed.
- For porcelain, like a sink or bathtub, all you have to do is rub the Cream of Tartar directly on the surface with a sponge or scrub brush and your stains will vanish.
- And my favorite use for cream of tartar, to remove stains from clothing. Mix a few tablespoons of Cream of Tartar with glycerin and use it like a spray and wash. I tried this a few weeks ago and it worked!
- Lastly, to create a non-abrasive cleaner, mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar together in a small dish. Apply top desired surface with a rag or scrub brush and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes. Wipe with hot soapy water.
So tell us, have you ever used Cream of Tartar to clean with? What did you think?